some suggestions that will help people who make paper crafts:
- calligraphy/penmanship: having good penmanship can only make things better.
- book binding: personal wish of mine. i'd make books all the time.
- scrapbooking/card making: even though some of this can be cheesy, it's a good way to get a sense of how to do a simple layout.
- photography: the use of your own photography can really personalize a project. it's important to learn about composition, lighting, etc.
- art: sometimes a basic 101 type class is a good way to learn about color schemes and simple techniques